College. We've all been there. Or will be there some day. Or, maybe not. But either way, sometimes it's hard to cook on a budget. You're hungry, and you open the fridge, and there's nothing there. Or it's only the same things you've eaten every day for the past week.
Hopefully this blog will help you. I can't promise that I'm an expert or that you're gonna even find anything particularly useful to you, but I hope you do.
My main goal in starting this blog is to make it into something where people can find fun food ideas or combinations that they may not have tried and may enjoy. Things that are relatively easy to make with fairly cheap ingredients.
And hey, if I throw in any useful life advice and tips along the way, then so be it. College can be a tricky place.
SHERLOCK TEA COLLECTION GIVE AWAY!
Awesome news guys! The cool folks at Adagio have been kind enough to help out with a giveaway for a complete collection of the Sherlock Tea blends. That is 11 bags of different tea featuring art work by yours truly. That’s about 50 servings in each bag. More if you re-steep your tea (which is possible with most of them). That is a LOT of tea. How bonkers is that? Very. It’s awesome. Here’s the lowdown on how to win A WHOLE BUNCH OF TEA.
- Anyone ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD can enter! If you live outside of the U.S. I’ll foot the bill to get you some tea myself. Because odds are you are awesome and you deserve it.
- You do not have to be following me to win, but it might be helpful to keep track of updates or changes (if any). Plus I plan to make some blends for other fandoms in the future, so if tea is your thing, it might not be a bad idea?
- Only two reblogs a day allowed.I did not realize how often people would reblog my last give away soooo I’m going to enforce this LOL. You can reblog on as many days as you’d like, but yeah, only 2 reblogs a day please. I’ll be checking.
- The give away will end and I will choose a winner on Wednesday March 7th. I’ll probably choose late at night on that day, so I’m going to say I’ll stop counting reblogs at 10 p.m. EST.
- [ADDED] LIKES DON’T COUNT. Sorry! You have to reblog!
A big thanks to Adagio for hooking us up with some awesome tea, and for all of you for following me and encouraging my tea-y ways! Good luck everyone!
yeah so guys i’m sorry to say but this blog is pretty much done.
i’m just keeping it around for personal reasons.
feel free to unfollow or whatever.
Bite Size Apple Pies (via Six Sisters’ Stuff)
How To of the Day: Ready-to-mix portable hot-chocolate sticks, complete with mini-marshmallows. Just dip in hot milk and stir!
Easy-to-follow instructions ahoy.
Pizza Grilled Cheese
4 slices of bread
butter or margarine
4 slices of mozzarella cheese
pepperoni (mini or regular cut into pieces)
Parmesan cheese (opt)
pizza sauce for dipping
Warm a medium/large skillet over medium heat. Butter each piece of bread on one side. When skillet is hot place a piece of bread butter side down on the skillet then add one slice of cheese and small shake of Italian seasoning or basil (add a small shake of parmesan cheese here too if desired). Top with a desired amount of pepperonis (I used about 8 -10 whole regular pepperonis per sandwich) If any other toppings are desired, add now. Add another slice of mozzarella and top with slice bread butter side up. Repeat with second sandwich. When bottom slice is golden brown then flip over carefully. Once both sides are brown remove from pan cut and serve with pizza sauce if desired. Make 2 sandwiches
get n 2 my mouf
jesus christ I MUST HAVE THIS
… Q ___ Q i want…
Though not the healthiest looking sandwiches, they do look damn good.
never gonna leave this bed: Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes→
Ever since mom first tried out this recipe a few years ago, I’ve been hooked! (Especially because they have whole oreos at the bottom!) We usually make them during the holiday season, but now I think we should have them all year round. It’s so simple to whip up! Honestly,…
this definitely needs to be made soon!
Mint Choc Chip Brownies (x)
Mint Green chocolate chip Cookies
1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon mint extract 6 to 8 drops green food color 1 egg 1 cup creme de menthe baking chips 1 cup semisweet chocolatechunks
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, extract, food color and egg until soft dough forms. Stir in creme de menthe baking chips and chocolate chunks.
- Using small cookie scoop or teaspoon, drop dough 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool 3 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Serve warm or cool completely. Store tightly covered at room temperature.
These are seriously the best things my mouth has ever tasted. When you eat it it’s like an orgasm in your mouth. ….assuming that the awesomeness of these cookies is relatively similar to an orgasm. I wouldn’t know.
Pumpkin Pie White Hot Chocolate
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 ounces white chocolate (roughly chopped)
- pinch salt
- Heat the milk, pumpkin puree, and spices in a sauce pan until it just starts to simmer and remove form heat.
- Add the chocolate and stir until it has melted.
- Pour into mugs and top with whipped cream and garnish with cinnamon.
When awesome breakfast foods and cuteness collide you get mouthwatering Ham and Egg Breakfast Cupcakes.
[via That’s Nerdalicious!]